SPECIAL WELFARE FUND:-
Special Welfare Fund created for the welfare of NGOs and their families out of the profit earned by the Master and Subsidiary Canteens run by ITBP and fund will be used for the following welfare schemes :-
1. MEDICAL TREATMENT
- Applicable to retired/medically boarded out NGOs and dependents of retired/medically boarded out/deceased NGOs who are not availing CGHS.
- Also applicable for serving NGOs only (Family not included) who are not availing CGHS.
- Aid for “medical treatment” will cover only life threatening ailments like cancer, HIV AIDS, heart diseases etc and will be applicable only to those retirees/families who are not availing CGHS.
- The Hospital should be recognized by the government and the request should be accompanied by medical documents and a letter of the attending Doctor on his letter pad mentioning the approx. cost of the treatment.
- Cases will directly be forwarded to welfare cell at Directorate General.
- The grant will be limited to Rs 50,000/- per case. The number of cases entertained per year will depend upon the budget considerations.
2. FOR MARRIAGE OF GIRL CHILD
- Applicable to up to two unmarried daughters (aged above 18) of retired/medically boarded out/deceased NGOs.
- Request must be forwarded at least two months before the date of marriage through the last posting unit of the applicant along with copy of birth certificate/proof of age, declaration by the applicant regarding the date of marriage and recommendation of the head of formation after proper verification at his level. Direct requests will not be entertained. If the request is approved, a copy of the Marriage certificate will be provided by the applicant within three months of marriage and payment will be released only after receipt of the same.
- It is subject to a ceiling of Rs 25000/- per case.
3. FOR AID IN CONSTRUCTION OF HOUSES DESTROYED DUE TO NATURAL CALAMITIES
- Applicable to retired NGOs and dependents of deceased NGOs
- House should be the only residential home in the name of the applicant and his/her spouse. A declaration on an affidavit must be given in this regard.
- The proof of destruction will be submitted to the present/Last Unit/formation Engineer who may ask for additional documents for verification. After satisfying himself/herself that the damage to the house has rendered it unlivable, the unit Engineer will submit recommendation to the formation head who will further recommend the case for grant to welfare cell at Directorate General.
- Subject to a maximum of Rs 50000/- per case on a case to case basis.
4. AID TO PARENTS OF DECEASED NGOS LIVING IN EXTREMELY POOR CONDITIONS:-
- Those parents of deceased NGOs whose other son/daughters have not availed compassionate employment and who are living in extremely poor conditions can apply for financial grant from the force.
- The applicant will submit proof of income certificate along with details of dependents along with their educational qualification and age to the last unit of the deceased.
- The unit commander will verify the facts presented by the applicant (through special messengers) and submit his/her recommendation to welfare cell at Directorate General, if the case is deemed worthy of help.
- Grant will be limited upto a maximum Rs 25,000/- per case and cannot be claimed as a right.
5. FOR EDUCATION OF DIFFERENTLY ABLED CHILDREN OF SERVING/ RETIRED/ DECEASED NGOS.
- For Differently able children of Serving/Retired/Deceased NGO’s.
- Limited to a number of 10 cases per year. In case more than 10 cases are received, preference will be on the basis of percentage/degree of disability as decided by Director Medical.
- Applications along with proof of disability and certificate of admission from the institution must be forwarded to the unit/last unit of the applicant.
- The HOO of the formation will forward the case to welfare cell, Directorate General.
- Applications along with supporting documents will be received till 30th November of a particular year and grants will be disbursed by January of the subsequent year.
- Irrespective of age/class, if a disabled child is enrolled in an institution, he/she will be entitled to a one time grant of Rs 50,000/- from the special welfare fund.
6. SCHOLARSHIP FOR WARDS OF DECEASED FORCE PERSONNEL (NGOs WHO DIED DURING SERVICE) WHO ARE PURSUING HIGHER COURSES IN PROMINENT GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS:-
- For Wards of deceased force personnel (NGO’s who died during service).
- Wards who are pursuing education through following institutes :-
- Government Medical Colleges
- Government Engineering colleges
- Five-year integrated Under-Graduate Law Programmes offered through CLAT (Common Law Admission test)
- The applications will have to be submitted to the last unit of the deceased personnel along with a certificate from the competent authority of the institution (that he/she is studying in that institution) and attested copy of mark sheet for scrutiny at their end.
- After verifying the details of the applicant, unit will forward the application to G&W cell Dte Gen along with their recommendation for grant of scholarship (initial/subsequent).
- Wards who are pursuing education will be granted an initial scholarship of Rs. 50,000/- on admission.-
- Selected Wards will also be granted an annual scholarship of Rs 50,000/- for each year of the course when they qualify for next year. Scholarship will be discontinued if the ward fails to qualify for next year.
7. MOBILITY EQUIPMENT GRANT FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED CHILDREN OF DECEASED NGOS (WHO DIED DURING SERVICE) AND DISABLED EX ITBP PERSONNEL (NGOs) WHOSE DISABILITY IS MORE THAN 50%:
- Differently abled Wards of deceased NGOs (who died during service)/Ex-ITBP personnel (NGOs with disability of 50% or more) may apply for mobility equipment grant.
- The application will be forwarded to last unit of deceased NGO which will scrutinize the case and submit it further to G&W cell Dte Gen.
- Grant will be limited to actual cost of equipment and will not exceed Rs 60,000/- per case.
8. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO ORPHAN CHILDREN OF ITBP PERSONNEL(FOR ALL RANKS):-
- For orphan children of ITBP personnel (For all Ranks)
TERMS & CONDITIONS:-
- Applicant must be a legitimate offspring of ITBP personnel.
- Orphan should be aged below 21 years for son or unmarried daughter.
If the orphan child is a minor & willingness is given by his/her legal guardians, he/she may be enrolled in any ITBP public school where Hostel facility is available. In case the wards are studying in ITBP Public School, Dwarka New Delhi and in other ITBP Public School, in this situation the expenditure incurred on the tuition fees and hostel facility etc, will be reimbursed form their CEA and Hostel subsidy claims, When the CEA and Hostel subsidy claims are cleared/passed for payment by the last unit, where the deceased person was posted at the time of his said demise. The responsibility to complete the documents of CEA/Hostel subsidy claims is assigned to the concerned ITBP School administration. The concerned School administration will complete the required documents and send the same to the last unit of the deceased person, for pass and payment. The additional cost, if any, incurred on tuition fee/uniform/stationery/boarding/ lodging etc. will be reimbursed to concerned ITBP School, out of Special Welfare Fund, Dte Gen ITBP. The child will also be entitled to a monthly pocket money of Rs. 500/- during the period of his enrolment in the school till he/she completes class XII. If the orphan ward is an adult &willing, he/she may be enrolled in any ITBP public school and avail all the benefits given above till he completes class XII or attains the age of 21, whichever is earlier.
If the minor orphan child& his/her guardians are not willing to enroll in any ITBP public school where hostel facility is available and instead wish to continue their education at a recognized school of their choice in this situation, the expenditure incurred on the tuition fee and hostel facility etc, will be reimbursed from their CEA/Hostel subsidy clams, when the CEA and Hostel subsidy claims are cleared/passed for payment by the last unit, where the deceased person was posted at the time of his sad demise. The responsibility to complete the documents of CEA and Hostel subsidy claims is assigned to the nearest ITBP formation of the deceased person. The nearest ITBP formation will complete the required documents and send the same to the last unit of deceased person, for pass and payment. The additional cost, if any incurred on tuition fee/uniform/ stationery/ boarding/lodging etc. will be limited to the cost of education that would have been incurred had they chosen to study in an ITBP public school. The prevalent rates in ITBP public school, Dwarka will be referred for the same. The other benefits and conditions will remain the same. After completion of school, the tuition fees plus mandatory charges for higher education in any government institution along with hostel fees will be borne from Special Welfare Fund, Payment will be made directly into the bank account of the ward on production of certificate of admission signed by the competent authority of the Institute & relevant receipts. Monthly pocket money of Rs. 1000/- will also be deposited in his /her account once he/she gets enrolled in the govt. educational institution. Grant will cease on attainment of 21 years of age.
The assistance will not be applicable to wards of deceased ITBP personnel who were removed/dismissed from service.